Tuesday, September 20, 2016

Trusting God Through the Gasps

Today marks the 28th day of me finding a lump in my right breast. This was the MRI day, where I laid very still while hearing alarms blaring in my ears. It was not painful at all, nor was I claustrophobic. However, the noise made my head pound and I was trying very hard not to move, not even a finger they told me, nor any deep breaths, so they could get the best pictures of me possible. I had asked if the MRI would just take a look at my breast and underarms or chest also. I was reassured that it would cover the front part of my chest. Unfortunately, I have been having some chest pain, so I felt relieved to hear this.

So for the next 20 min. or so I prayed that God would help me stay very still so they could capture the most accurate pictures of my chest. During this time I prayed for the workers I met at the hospital, Stephan and Stephanie, as well as the medical staff who would read these results. I prayed for my family and friends. While in prayer, I repeated my favorite Bible verse, Philippians 4:13 "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me," my son's favorite, Hebrews 13:8 "Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today and always," then my daughters, 1 Corinthians 2:9 "No eye has ever seen or no ear has ever heard or no mind has imagined what God has prepared for those who love him."  All was going well until I was moved back out of the MRI and heard a medical person gasp. Well, needless to say, that is not what anyone wants to hear.

So what did this gasp mean? Did they forget to hook up my IV for the contrast pictures? Was what they were looking at so bad they need more? I was sent back into the MRI for an additional 6 minutes. Only time will tell. Until then, I will trust God with the gasp...

Proverbs 3:5 "Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding."

No comments:

Post a Comment